Ronia-Isabel Cabansag

Podcast

Podcast: July 20, 2020

In this week’s news, students voice their opposition to Eastern Michigan University's online course fee, and Housing and Residence Life provides answers about campus living for the Fall semester. We also have profiles on two of the candidates running for Washtenaw County Board of Commissioners. 

The Eastern Echo Podcast Logo Fall 2019
Podcast

Podcast: June 22, 2020

Liz Hornyak: On today’s episode, alumni of an EMU sorority strip their letters to demand action from the national organization. In city news, members of the local community call on the mayor of Ypsilanti to resign, and one local mother finds a way to provide for her community during the coronavirus ...

Ypsilanti City Council
News

Ypsilanti City Council hosts public forum on police reform

Mayor Beth Bashert, Mayor Pro-tem Lois Richardson, members of the Ypsilanti Police Advisory Commission, and about 40 community members gathered for a virtual town hall forum to discuss racism and police reform in Ypsilanti. Community members continued to call for Mayor Bashert’s resignation due to comments she made during a city council meeting.

Podcast

Podcast: June 1, 2020

In this week’s news, protests break out after a video was released of a Washtenaw County Sheriff Deputy repeatedly punching a black woman in the head. In other news, Chairmen Jason Morgan asked President Trump to cancel his May 21st trip to Ypsilanti.

More articles »

red sand

red sand

Cosette Hood, a member of Eastern Michigan University's student organization Unmasked, stands by the information table for the project. 

More media »

Julez DeShetler and Queso Tone catch up after a short hiatus due to illness and someones birthday. The pair talk about their semesters and the final big events of the year, the Eastern Echo Media Gala and Rock The Patio. The latter playing host to Eagletainment's very own Queso Tone as a musical performance, with the shows closing act Anthony Roperti a former guest of the show.